It is currently May 29, 2020 5:26 pm 

click here for classified ad policies. if you are not familiar with the Pinecam forums, click here for a help topic.
two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: For Sale: 1989 Mercedes 560SL
Post Posted: May 22, 2020 11:31 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Ad written by my husband. This was my car and since retiring, I just don't drive that much anymore and it is a shame for this to be gathering dust.

This is my wife's summer car, which she has owned for the last 16 years. It has lived in California and Colorado (but only driven in the summer), so it is rust-free. The car is currently registered and has always passed Colorado emissions testing.

The engine is original and continues to run beautifully. The transmission was recently rebuilt and has less than 2,000 miles on it. It has new tires and a new battery. The original 15" wheels have been replaced with modern 17" wheels. However, if you prefer the original 15" wheels, I will swap them for you.

The car has never been crashed. It has been repainted due to normal aging from its original black to metallic copper. We changed the color from black, which always looks dirty, to copper as it hides dirt very well and always looks amazingly clean.

The original, black, soft top has been replaced due to normal aging and wear. The new tan top is in very good condition. However, there is a 2 inch tear one of the the quarter windows as shown in the detailed photo. I do not know why the tear has occurred as the plastic windows remain clear and flexible. During the winter, the soft top is stored in the up position so that the roof remains in fine condition.

The car includes a soft top cover. This can be used to cover the soft top to protect it from the sun, but my wife finds it more useful to cover the interior of the car when the top is down to protect it from the sun and rain (see photo).. It also provides some security as objects in the car can't be seen by passer's-by. The soft top cover attaches in seconds using Velcro tabs.

The classic "Pagoda" hard top roof is included in the sale. The top has only very rarely been used and never used since being repainted, so is in excellent condition. However the heated rear window has a crack in it caused by handling. The crack remains weather-proof and does not leak.

The seats have been upgraded to Corbeau seats as they have bolsters and are far more supportive and comfortable than the original seats. The original seats are in excellent condition and are included in the sale so you will have both and can switch back to the original seats if you wish.

The original interior wood trim has cracked due to aging. It has been replaced with beautiful Teak. This is finished in satin polyurethane so it looks like natural wood instead the original wood that looked like plastic. I think the Teak is far more beautiful than the original wood. See photos.

Also included is a screened, rear wind deflector. This is attached behind the seats and flips up to provide a screen that keeps the wind from blowing on you from the rear and messing up your hair. My wife absolutely loves it! The deflector is extremely well designed as it flips up/down instantly and fits flat when storing the soft top. It does not interfere in the function of the roof or car in any way. The device mounts without any modification to the car and can be completely removed in seconds if desired. Mercedes should supply these stock! The photos show it up, down, and removed.

So what faults does the car have? The AC does not work. I have never fixed it because my wife always drove the car with the top down, so did not need or want AC. The blower motor works, but is noisy.

Vehicle Details

Price:$8,000

Year:1989

Make:Mercedes-Benz

Model:560SL
Exterior Color:Copper
Interior Color:Black
Transmission:Automatic
Engine Size:V-8
Odometer:159,000
Convertible:Yes
Restoration History: Unrestored
Exterior Condition:Very Good
Seat Material:Cloth - original seats are leather
CD Player:Yes
AM/FM Radio:Yes
Cruise Control:Yes
Power Brakes:Yes
Power Steering:Yes
Power Locks:Yes
Power Windows:Yes
Engine History:Original
Engine Condition:Running
Drive Train:Rear-wheel drive

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]