It is currently Nov 17, 2019 11:10 pm 

Post your images and discussions about Colorado flora and fauna here.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Hi
Post Posted: Jul 11, 2019 5:35 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Hi, Im new to the Pinecam, have been watching for 3 years but now our vacation home is our permanent home. First two weeks here, a moose walked right onto my yard in Elk Creek Highlands. Love the bluebirds and magpies. Will try to post a picture of him when I figure out how.

Post subject: Re: Hi
Post Posted: Jul 11, 2019 8:15 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
welcome! it is crazy that the moose are showing up. I have yet to see one.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 4:54 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Welcome! Where are you moving from?

I am a 30 resident and have never seen one moose! Already you know one of the pleasures of living here that is so rare to everybody else.

There will also be deer, elk, and probably an occasional bear. In my time, I have never seen a mountain lion, though my neighbors have seen a few. I can't wait! It's such a thrill and one of the many joys of living here.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 5:28 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Welcome Monchiladas. I too live in Elk Creek Highlands. I see moose in the neighborhood every year, usually Spring and early summer. Some years there are many sightings: usually at first light until ~7am when commute traffic starts to kick into high gear. They also hang out along deer creek, elk creek and the Harris Park ponds.

Bear sightings are fairly regular too. Particularly on trash day. I've not seen the mountain lions but I hear them at night and have seen paw prints in mud and snow.

I see deer and fox daily, and an occasional coyote and raccoon. Elk are frequently along the creeks.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 8:04 am 
It sounds like they have been living in this house (as a vacation house), so they are not new to the area, just to Pinecam.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 10:44 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:
It sounds like they have been living in this house (as a vacation house), so they are not new to the area, just to Pinecam.

Oops should have read more careful...

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 11:50 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Yes, so we are new, moved here from AZ, not where we are originally from. But we have been coming up here 2-3, sometimes 4 times a year. Bought a house last year and a relative came up to live in it until we could transfer. We got here middle of June. Seeing foxes, bunnies, deer, beautiful birds and that moose was a welcome present. Loved Colorado as a kid, loved when a son was stationed here, love it now. People are great. Will have to relearn living in the snow, haven't done that since we lived in the northeast before we got stuck in the scorching desert with no one. But you get one life, just have to go for it. We went for it and were here and just love the nature and the people here.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Monchiladas wrote:
Will have to relearn living in the snow, haven't done that since we lived in the northeast before we got stuck in the scorching desert with no one.

Way different kind of snow than the northeast, it's much easier to handle.

Mountain folk see the mountains when they drive.
City folk who live in the mountains only see the bumper of the car in front of them.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 1:38 pm 
Monchiladas wrote:
Yes, so we are new, moved here from AZ, not where we are originally from. But we have been coming up here 2-3, sometimes 4 times a year. Bought a house last year and a relative came up to live in it until we could transfer. We got here middle of June. Seeing foxes, bunnies, deer, beautiful birds and that moose was a welcome present. Loved Colorado as a kid, loved when a son was stationed here, love it now. People are great. Will have to relearn living in the snow, haven't done that since we lived in the northeast before we got stuck in the scorching desert with no one. But you get one life, just have to go for it. We went for it and were here and just love the nature and the people here.

Summers here are the best I have ever experienced. I would imagine the summer was one of the times, you guys escaped AZ and came up here. Pave the drive and get a good snowblower.

Post Posted: Jul 12, 2019 2:28 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Summer, its too hot to leave house and pets in AZ, mostly came in fall break and Spring break. I did notice that the snow is not wet and heavy and icing over the next day like the Northeast. Also remember watching for deer to leap out on the road and thats the same here. We are in thier home. I respect that.

Post Posted: Jul 13, 2019 5:40 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Welcome, Sir.

Post Posted: Jul 14, 2019 8:38 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
we also live where you do and in case you didn't get the picture - I am sure this is the same fellow - love our moose and so happy they come visit!

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next