It is currently Jul 18, 2019 2:13 pm 




Restaurant owners, place your advertisements in the Dining Room forum
members can add one advertising post per week for a business;
add a reply to a business topic to say something about the business



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

  Print view

Offline 
 Post subject: Reputable Attorney FOUND! Thanks for your help!
Post Posted: Apr 15, 2019 1:19 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
User avatar
Joined: Feb 21, 2005 1:54 pm
Posts: 1199
Location: Evergreen
Hello, I need to find a good, reliable attorney in Evergreen or Conifer to make a will and all the things that go with it (power of attorney, trust, etc.

And I also need an attorney to review a legal contract. Hopefully the same person as above.

Thanks,
~Linda~

_________________
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
~Evelyn Beatrice Hall~

"The Framers of the Constitution knew that free speech is the friend of change and revolution. But they also knew that it is always the deadliest enemy of tyranny. "
~Hugo Black~


Last edited by Rubicon on Apr 15, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Have Any of you Pinecammers Ever Created a Will Online?
Post Posted: Apr 15, 2019 1:25 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
User avatar
Joined: Feb 21, 2005 1:54 pm
Posts: 1199
Location: Evergreen
We need to make a will and are just exploring all our options -

HAS ANYONE HERE EVER CREATED A FREE WILL ONLINE?

How do you know which sites are scams and which are legit? We already looked at one site that had so many hidden fees the realized it would be less expensive to hire an attorney.

But we have been told that there are reputable and truly free sources for creating a will online. We haven't found a place like that, though. We were hoping to find people who've done it this way and would be willing to share their experiences.

We are not against hiring an attorney, but we are receiving quotes of $2500.00 and up for creating a simple will with powers of attorney and medical power attorney and all the other bells and whistles that people need when making a will. I've heard that this is such a standard procedure that it can be done simply and legally for free. I'd like to explore that option if it is true.

Thanks for any help you can give! :-)

_________________
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
~Evelyn Beatrice Hall~

"The Framers of the Constitution knew that free speech is the friend of change and revolution. But they also knew that it is always the deadliest enemy of tyranny. "
~Hugo Black~


Last edited by Rubicon on Apr 15, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Have Any of you Pinecammers Ever Created a Will Online?
Post Posted: Apr 15, 2019 2:03 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Joined: Apr 26, 2012 9:31 pm
Posts: 254
Location: Bailey
Far as creating online Free is not Free ! We have been looking at sites for us to get it done ! Try legalzoom.com , try that one for opinion . Not much help , but take a look and then decide online versus atty. We have not decided which way to go either.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: ISO: A Reputable Attorney to Make a Will
Post Posted: Apr 15, 2019 3:06 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Joined: May 6, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 253
For the longest time, we kept putting off making a will because we didn't really know what all we needed for our particular situation. Do we need a trust, estate plan etc.??? It was all rather confusing. We tried to do it on line, but you still need witnesses etc. Hubby and I went to Runyan Legal Services near Pine Junction. You might want to call and find out when the next Wills Fair is. Very reasonable pricing and everything is done all at once - he has a notary, witness's, etc. Mr. Runyan explained the whole process and answered our questions. We were really pleased with how simple it was. We felt we were in good hands and left there very comfortable with the wills we had just made.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: ISO: A Reputable Attorney to Make a Will
Post Posted: Apr 15, 2019 4:30 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
User avatar
Joined: Feb 21, 2005 1:54 pm
Posts: 1199
Location: Evergreen
Lilbit wrote:
For the longest time, we kept putting off making a will because we didn't really know what all we needed for our particular situation. Do we need a trust, estate plan etc.??? It was all rather confusing. We tried to do it on line, but you still need witnesses etc. Hubby and I went to Runyan Legal Services near Pine Junction. You might want to call and find out when the next Wills Fair is. Very reasonable pricing and everything is done all at once - he has a notary, witness's, etc. Mr. Runyan explained the whole process and answered our questions. We were really pleased with how simple it was. We felt we were in good hands and left there very comfortable with the wills we had just made.


Thank you so much, Lilbit! I will call them.

_________________
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
~Evelyn Beatrice Hall~

"The Framers of the Constitution knew that free speech is the friend of change and revolution. But they also knew that it is always the deadliest enemy of tyranny. "
~Hugo Black~


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online 
 Post subject: Re: Have Any of you Pinecammers Ever Created a Will Online?
Post Posted: Apr 15, 2019 4:39 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
User avatar
Joined: Oct 3, 2002 6:11 pm
Posts: 2826
Location: Marclif Ranch, Conifer
Not a free will, but critical forms you need in addition to and the best place we found is:

http://www.coloradoadvancedirectives.com/

but that site is not working today, try this to get you started:

https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/st ... ctives.pdf

The 'MOST' form is fairly new and one that first responders and hospitals will honor, unlike advanced directives which may be ignored.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Have Any of you Pinecammers Ever Created a Will Online?
Post Posted: Apr 15, 2019 5:03 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
User avatar
Joined: Feb 21, 2005 1:54 pm
Posts: 1199
Location: Evergreen
missfrog wrote:
Far as creating online Free is not Free ! We have been looking at sites for us to get it done ! Try legalzoom.com , try that one for opinion . Not much help , but take a look and then decide online versus atty. We have not decided which way to go either.


Local person wrote:
Not a free will, but critical forms you need in addition to and the best place we found is:

http://www.coloradoadvancedirectives.com/

but that site is not working today, try this to get you started:

https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/st ... ctives.pdf

The 'MOST' form is fairly new and one that first responders and hospitals will honor, unlike advanced directives which may be ignored.


Thank you both for your suggestions. We have received some good information and found out that not all lawyers charge $2500.00 for creating a will. Someone suggested Lee Runyan in Pine Junction, and so we have called and made an appointment with him.

So we are good, now!

~Linda~

_________________
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
~Evelyn Beatrice Hall~

"The Framers of the Constitution knew that free speech is the friend of change and revolution. But they also knew that it is always the deadliest enemy of tyranny. "
~Hugo Black~


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: ONLINE WILL - Question Answered! Thanks for your help!
Post Posted: Apr 15, 2019 6:43 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Joined: Aug 22, 2011 2:19 pm
Posts: 73
Linda, I work for an estate planning attorney in Lakewood. We offer free initial consultations and would love to schedule an appointment to have you visit with our office. If things don't work out with Mr. Runyan, please feel free to contact our office at 303.877.8921.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: ONLINE WILL - Question Answered! Thanks for your help!
Post Posted: Apr 15, 2019 6:54 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
User avatar
Joined: Feb 21, 2005 1:54 pm
Posts: 1199
Location: Evergreen
Jo H wrote:
Linda, I work for an estate planning attorney in Lakewood. We offer free initial consultations and would love to schedule an appointment to have you visit with our office. If things don't work out with Mr. Runyan, please feel free to contact our office at 303.877.8921.


Thank you!

_________________
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
~Evelyn Beatrice Hall~

"The Framers of the Constitution knew that free speech is the friend of change and revolution. But they also knew that it is always the deadliest enemy of tyranny. "
~Hugo Black~


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Reputable Attorney FOUND! Thanks for your help!
Post Posted: Apr 17, 2019 6:54 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Joined: Apr 1, 2003 6:22 pm
Posts: 339
For anyone that wants to make a will using online we used one and it was free. We had it notarized. This is the website we used: https://www.doyourownwill.com/


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Reputable Attorney FOUND! Thanks for your help!
Post Posted: Apr 17, 2019 7:04 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
User avatar
Joined: Feb 21, 2005 1:54 pm
Posts: 1199
Location: Evergreen
alwaysrightswife wrote:
For anyone that wants to make a will using online we used one and it was free. We had it notarized. This is the website we used: https://www.doyourownwill.com/


Thank you!

_________________
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
~Evelyn Beatrice Hall~

"The Framers of the Constitution knew that free speech is the friend of change and revolution. But they also knew that it is always the deadliest enemy of tyranny. "
~Hugo Black~


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Who is online

In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
Most users ever online was 2823 on Mar 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests





Powered by phpBB © 2000-2012 phpBB Group

This website copyright © 1994-2019 by
Pinecam.com is a member of the Platte Canyon Area Chamber of Commerce