It is currently Jul 10, 2020 3:35 pm 

Restaurant owners, place your advertisements in the Dining Room forum
members can add one advertising post per week for a business;
add a reply to a business topic to say something about the business

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: We need a 10X16 shed built on site, anyone local ?
Post Posted: Nov 17, 2019 11:10 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Would like to build a 10X16 storage shed, 4/12 pitch roof, 2x6 floor joists, 36” door, no windows.
I was planning on building myself but can’t get a quote from Moore Lumber for the materials, and with short days and only weekends free, we are looking for someone local to build this on site.
Have an area excavated and leveled.
In Bailey, Burland neighborhood.

Scott. 303-941-4243. Call or text or PM
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: We need a 10X16 shed built on site, anyone local ?
Post Posted: Nov 18, 2019 10:32 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Curious as well as we would like something similar built at our house

Post Posted: Nov 18, 2019 11:27 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Hi Jonny here from,Jonny Fixit, I'd like to come take a look and get you a price, and I'm available now
Thanks
Txt-719-839-1344
Or-303-838-4536

Post Posted: Nov 21, 2019 5:19 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
FYI - a 10X16' shed is 260 square feet. Not exactly sure, think the limit is 200 square foot with out extensive permits and such. 200 foot or under just requires a miscellaneous permit at cost of $100 dollars.
you need to include simple drawing to scale of location of shed within your property, overall height and couple other simple questions. Also make sure you observe set backs, distance from property line. In Jeffco I believe they are 50' front, 25' from rear and 25' from side property line.
If not and your neighbors are stinkers you could get hit with a zoning violation like we did. If you do, be nice, the inspectors are your friends and it will go a lot better. In the end our zoning violation was a good thing, helped us make decisions we weren't prepared to and really got us going, the place is lot more comfortable, cleaner and safer, Wonder if wouldn't be nice if county had service to come out and tell you if you are in compliance. I don't think they do, but I feel that if you contacted Jeremy, head of Jeffco zoning inspectors, he'd figure out a way to help you figure out if you are in compliance and how to get there if you aren't.
The drawing to scale can be as simple as taking a piece of normal printer paper, drawing out with speed square and providing fairly detailed measurements. Took me less than 15 minutes when had the information, with carpenters square on hood of truck as stated before.
If the person who wants to build your shed says otherwise I would shy away from them and keep looking.
In the middle of office reorg here at ranch, but could dig out my permit application (less than 3 months old with Jeffco, Park emulates most of Jeffco's stuff, should be real close) to get the appropriate zoning guidelines and forms for you. Take couple days.
If you need some neighborly advice and live close, could probably swing by on bicycle ride and take a peak. Give me an excuse to explore new route. Recovering from bad experience in CJ7 with out roll bar or would throw my hat in the ring.
Your zoning paperwork is probably the most important, yet most overlooked portion of simple shed and fence projects, but can cause more head aches than a herd of goats on fresh concrete pour.
Good luck,
Sparky

Post Posted: Nov 21, 2019 9:03 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Listen to Sparky, the redneck for hire. (Not so much the multiplication.)

Soooo much of the permitting and inspecting process is now related to fee collection. And the fees aren't cheap.
You can save yourself MUCH grief by re-reading and following that post.
Mrs. BGR

Post Posted: Nov 21, 2019 9:59 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
10X16 is 160 Sq Feet.... Neighbor is on board, he has no objections to location of shed, and even offered to help if needed :)
From the Park County Building Dept website:

What can I build without a permit?
The following do not require a building permit but still must conform to land use regulations.

• One story detached accessory structures used as tool and storage sheds, that do not exceed 200 sq. ft.
• Fences not over 6 feet high.
• Retaining walls that are not over 4 feet in height measured from the bottom of the footing to the top of the wall. Sidewalks and driveways not more then 30 inches above adjacent grade, and not over basement or story below and are not part of an accessible route.
• Painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, cabinets, counter tops, siding, and similar cosmetic work. (Non-structural)
• Swings and other playground equipment accessory to detached one and two- family dwellings.
Please contact Park County Planning and Zoning Department at 719-836-4254 or planner@parkco.us or refer to the county web site for current land use regulations

Post Posted: Nov 21, 2019 10:16 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
But... in a conversation with Park County building dept, setbacks for a shed are 30 feet from front, 30 feet from side, and 20 feet from rear property lines. Due to shape of my lot, I will need to apply for a variance to put shed in the only place it will work.

Post Posted: Nov 21, 2019 10:45 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Fees, fees, fees, fees....

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]