It is currently Jan 20, 2020 11:02 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Two friendly, easy going cats looking for a home
Post Posted: Jan 8, 2020 8:04 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I really hate to do another post, but need to find a good home for the other two kitties from the lady who's Mom passed away suddenly. I will try to see if IMHS will take them, but wanted to see if we can first find a good home they can go to directly.

The long blonde hair cat is Crumpet and Boris is the dark grey one. They are brothers and about 8 years old, but they don't look very old at all. They are both fixed and in good health. They are very easy going and love people. They do not need to go together although they do get along with each other.

Please PM me if you or someone you know is looking and has a place for these new homeless guys. Thanks so much.

Post subject: Re: Two friendly, easy going cats looking for a home
Post Posted: Jan 13, 2020 3:47 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Some of the local mountain rescues will do a courtesy listing to help you place them sometimes, especially in a situation like this. Evergreen Animal protective league some years back helped me place 2 older dogs and two older cats when a local friend died up here suddenly.

Post Posted: Jan 16, 2020 10:35 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Also check with EAPL. Maybe Susan has room at the cat lodge until they can be placed.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Jan 16, 2020 10:54 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks for all the suggestions, very appreciated. Fortunately, someone from the community Facebook page, replied that they would take both of them! She lost her cat this past fall and felt the two cats would be good rather than one. I called yesterday and she said they are doing fine, eating and using litter box. She said they are very scared right now so not that social, which I would expect from a cat that has gone through what these guys did. Losing their person and not knowing what is going on. Their new person said she has had cats for 40 years, so she understands them and said it will probably take a few weeks until they become more comfortable and social. I think they are in a good home with good people. :) It is good to have someone understand how cats are, they will hide and not be social for a while when they go to a new home - even if they are with their same people, but move to a different home. I wish more people would understand that as I would see cats returned to IMHS after only 24 hours with the person saying they were hiding under the bed the whole time.

Post Posted: Jan 16, 2020 12:15 pm 
you are amazing, Gia and it sounds like they got a perfect fit for a new home. They both need one another and the human has patience which is the biggest thing we can give to a kitty that needs to figure things out.
I have a semi feral that has now taken over 2 years to start to begin to trust. It is a long road that we are willing to go down to allow them to have the life they should have.
hugs!

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Jan 16, 2020 1:13 pm 
Great news, it sounds like you found the perfect home for the two cats. Anyone that has ever been owned by a cat knows the feline must make the first move towards friendship and it takes a while. Can't be too sure too quickly, you know.

Post Posted: Jan 16, 2020 9:04 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Great news!

Post Posted: Jan 17, 2020 1:16 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Thanks everyone, I’m hoping all is good for the new owners and kitties. It is a hard sad situation.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]