It is currently Jul 6, 2020 5:45 am 

If you enter a post in this forum that violates the Pinecam Terms of Service,
you may get a suspension with no warning.

note: quotes must be 4 or fewer sentences/the source cited, by URL if online

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Amy Mitchell for Commissioner District 1 Park County
Post Posted: Jun 20, 2020 3:29 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
June 20, 2020 - Mail delivery reported to be slow

Make sure your vote counts!

I have received reports that mail delivery is slow. If you mailed your ballot and want to make sure your ballot is counted, please follow these steps:

Log on to www.GoVoteColorado.com and find your voter registration. Then choose the top tab that says "ballot information". This will tell you when you ballot was mailed and if received, when you ballot was received. Continue to check your ballot information until it says your ballot has been received. If your ballot is not received by Tuesday June 30th, go to your nearest polling location and vote in person after telling them your ballot had been mailed but not received by the Clerk and Recorder's office.

Fairplay County Office, Clerk and Recorder 856 Castello Avenue, Fairplay

Bailey Platte Canyon Fire VSPC, 153 Dellwood Drive, Bailey

Both offices are open on June 30th Election day from 7AM - 7PM.

Post Posted: Jun 25, 2020 7:20 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Do you know how state restrictions for "Stay at Home" and "Safer at Home", such as not traveling more than 10 miles from your home, have and will impact tourist dollars coming into the county?

Post Posted: Jun 25, 2020 12:18 pm 
We are now on the Governor’s executive order 2020-091 Safer at Home and in the Vast, Great Outdoors and the Seventh Amended Colorado Public Health Order 20-28. This revision states “travel should occur within an individual’s local community or as necessary to access outdoor recreation areas. If traveling outside their community, Coloradans are urged to honor all restrictions in place at their destination and …”.
Travel and recreation restrictions are greatly reduced. Public campgrounds can now open, hosted recreation activities such as horseback riding, river outfitters, guided tours, outdoor recreation activities at ski areas, hot springs and other outdoor activities can now all conduct business with social distancing requirements and other limits.
It can be seen with increased traffic on highways 285 and 24, Coloradans and folks out of state are traveling into the high country and recreating. It is the hope, businesses are beginning to experience an increase in sales and will experience a business-sustaining summer season.

Post Posted: Jun 26, 2020 7:52 am 

Meet Amy Mitchell, commissioner candidate district 1 at McGraw Memorial Park, Bailey

When: Sunday June 28, 2020, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Where: McGraw Memorial Park, 39 County Road 68, Bailey, CO

Election day is this Tuesday June 30th! Please stop by, I want to meet you, understand your concerns and answer your questions. I will serve YOU, Park County citizens.

As your commissioner, I will serve all corners of Park County.

We will of course follow the Seventh Amended Colorado Public Health order 20-28 and social distance in the great, vast outdoors.

Please contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely yours,
Amy Mitchell
P.O. Box 848
Lake George, CO 80827
719-321-8291
Amy@AmyMitchellForCommissioner.com
http://www.AmyMitchellForCommissioner.com

Post Posted: Jun 29, 2020 9:15 am 
The Light at highway 285 and County Road 43A

I believe CDOT did not honor their commitment to the citizens from the meeting at Crow Hill fire station last year. They promised to gather more citizen input. CDOT has not provided enough information to fully understand their plan, but to just remove the light is not acceptable. Citizens must be able to access north and southbound highway 285 in a safe manner. I will reserve judgement until the July 9th meeting when we are presented the full plan. I will be happy to comment in much more detail after the meeting.

If the plan is to remove the light, extend the on-ramps and eliminate all left turns into 285, frontage road connections to CR72 will be needed from Rosalie Road to access southbound highway 285 as well as other county road improvements. I hope an off-ramp will still exist at 43A for travelers to reach the businesses and good directional signage is provided to direct travelers back onto the highway. We do not want this redirection to negatively impact the egress of emergency vehicles at the fire station, so there is much to review.

I do believe a smart light that is timed during the peak travel times, Thursday and Friday afternoons and evenings and Sunday afternoon and evening is a good option. Residents will know they can still travel to the other side of the highway with a longer wait. This will save CDOT money until a proper interchange can be made that will allow safe and sensible access for those living in both sides of the highway.
I have contacted a friend who is a State Representative and sits on the House Transportation Committee for guidance on how to best negotiate and reason with CDOT to first consider the needs of the residents who use this intersection daily before the needs of truckers and those traveling from the front range periodically.

Post Posted: Jun 30, 2020 1:58 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I agree about the need for a road from Rosalie to the overpass at 72 & 285, and that right hand turns to and from 285 at 43A and Rosalie Road be allowed with proper merge lanes.
But the rest is just double talk, there is no good reason for that light to stay, except for the monetary support of the Loaf & Jug.

Post Posted: Jun 30, 2020 6:14 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Please vote! Today is the last day.

Post Posted: Jul 1, 2020 7:30 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Congratulations! Amy

Post Posted: Jul 2, 2020 7:34 am 

Dear Park County citizens. The results are not official, but it looks like I won the commissioner position for district 1. I am honored and grateful to you who voted for me. For those who did not, I will work hard to serve you and all corners of Park County. I welcome your ideas and input and want to hear from you.

Thank you, Katie, Steve and Garrison, for running a civil, respectable race. I welcome your ideas and input. We all play a part in making Park County a place where we and our neighbors want to live.

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5