It is currently Oct 18, 2019 10:32 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Oct 9, 2019 9:26 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
CooknThyme wrote:
Yes, the mothers who need to cross from that side of 285 to Deer Creek elementary was very moving. It is hard enough to do it now. Without the light it would be much too dangerous.

My flabber is gasted by the idea that the traffic light aids in the progression of traffic from Rosalie directly onto 43A. It plays no part at all in that. To make that kind of direct route, a driver has to enter into the south-bound merging land (left lane) from Rosalie and then immediately merge right at low speed into the high-speed through lane in order to get all the way over to 43A. I defy anybody to rationalize this action as a safe driving action to make.

Now think, how much safer it would be for such drivers to stay in the left-hand south-bound lane through the current intersection and proceed to the 72/43 interchange, making the merge into the right land at higher speed and a much longer distance; at that intersection they can take 43 and get to Deer Creek or whatever in, what, maybe 45 seconds more than they do by trying to take the direct route? And those 45 seconds could probably be shaved a bit if 43 is re-oriented to be the main through route and 43A drivers have to stop and turn onto 43. Is saving 45 seconds (or a minute, or whatever it turns out to be) worth putting your life at risk by making a very unsafe merge on a major US highway?

The lack of perspective on this issue is just mind-boggling to me. You live in the mountains, people, where there generally IS no straight route from A to B. Think safety, instead of time, I beg you.

Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Oct 9, 2019 10:58 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I'm baffled too keg. I chock it up to fear of change. I think when this is done and the merge lane and through lane are simply re-striped to take up space NOT needed by the left turn at the light...that people will eventually say "Why the heck didn't we do that in the first place? - it is so much better!" This should be a no-brainer with the time better spent on getting Kings Valley and Pine Junction safer.

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9