It is currently Feb 25, 2020 11:34 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Seriously, plow drivers?!
Post Posted: Feb 13, 2020 10:47 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
birdwoman wrote:
Pinepollen - do you have any suggestions as to what snowplow operators should do with the snow they are plowing? If they were to lift their plows before passing each and every driveway (including yours), it would result in an obstacle course of intermittent patches of deep snow in the main roadway. Consequently that could make for very dangerous travel for all drivers. Yep, all part of living in areas that get snow - even the metro area.

Who said otherwise? Pinepollen said he/she likes the 4 foot pile of snow. As we all know - it is part of living at altitude - just like the post said.

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2020 10:48 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
mtree wrote:
What a bunch of whining. Its always someone else's fault. There are plows, graders, sand and gravel, bad drivers, unlucky drivers, foolish drivers, good tires, bad tires, potholes, obstacles, snow and more snow. Its winter. Its snowy and icy. Deal with it. Otherwise just stay home and eat your soup.

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2020 10:53 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Pinepollen wrote:
Passing a plow is always risky business. I usually just stay behind until/unless there is plenty of room to pass and avoid the "chunks".
What I really like is the 4' pile they leave at the end of my driveway. All part of living at altitude.

This and last year, the plow driver has done a good job not filling in the end of my driveway after it is plowed. I am truly impressed what a great job this driver does.

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2020 11:45 am 
our plow driver retired a few years back. He was awesome and knew the ropes. We have a new kid and he was not doing a good job at all. We live at the end of a cul-de-sac and he was not clearing the whole cul-de-sac so vehicles and cars could turn around and was not pushing the snow way off. the cul-de-sac was being none existent and we almost could not even get to our driveway. My husband went out to meet him and explain what we needed to keep the road safe and passable. He has since done a much better job.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2020 1:04 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Apparently I missed something in pinepollen's post. Thanks for the clarification, sunsetinthepines.

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4