It is currently Feb 25, 2020 11:51 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Dear Conifer Post Office.......
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2020 5:16 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
:rant: :bash: Please tell me what I can do to get my mail, will you? Pretty PLEASE?????? I've been waiting several days for not only my regular mail, but 2 packages. One of those packages contains medicine. If it's not coming, I will need to go through a huge hassle to reorder it. I keep getting emails saying delivery was attempted but there was no access. That's a damned LIE. My mailbox and driveway have both been plowed out since this series of storms began, because I HAVE to get to work too ~ no snow days for me. There is also a container at the top of my driveway, very visible & very accessible that has been used by you folks for years....empty. I work hours similar to yours, so stopping by to pick up my mail just has me pulling on your locked door. I've tried to call, no answer or busy signal for many days. Maybe I should send you a letter? Mmmmmm, probably not, huh? So, what do you suggest? I get it, the weather makes it hard, but I also make deliveries and haven't missed a single one of mine. I have a few family members that have worked for and retired from USPS, so I know it can be a rough job, and I stick up for you all the time. It's bad enough that it's SO overdue, but I gotta say, when I bust my butt to make sure your people can get my expected and very important packages to me and they LIE and say there's no access? COME ONNNNNN!!!!! BS! How can I get my mail????? :bash: :rant:

"....People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

Post subject: Re: Dear Conifer Post Office.......
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2020 6:21 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
There may be info in this thread that helps,

http://pinecam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=234340

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2020 10:08 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Good morning - Same situation here whitewolfie. I did submit an email concern via the usps website (https://usps.force.com/emailus/s/)

I then also emailed the person who helped me back in October when the same thing was happening. I provided a summary of "delivery attempts" listed and all tracking numbers for my packages that have been in limbo since last Friday.

Shareen Wertz is our Area Manager with the USPS. She just called (as I was typing this post!) in response to my email to apologize and to try to explain. She says it's basically come down to they had staffed up since December's issues and were training a group of new people... then the big snow hit and the new folks sort of panicked - folks who don't know how to drive out in this kind of weather, on our kind of streets and find our kind of houses. I've seen some of their out of state plates - some really have never seen weather like this.

I let her know my main "bother" is the "Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location" message on tracking - in addition to it simply just not being true (I mean, they had no issue delivering my junk mail... and UPS and Fedex haven't had any issues getting to my "delivery location!") it leaves us no recourse with vendors mailing us stuff because it puts the blaim on the receiver and not to USPS. She said they have restricted the messages they are allowed to choose from when scanning - and she agreed that she doesn't like that message either! I want our drivers to be SAFE, I truly do! But that message really feels like they are just lying, and that really bothers people! Top that with failed attempts (ringing on end or just getting a straight up busy signal) to call the local PO and asking them to just hold my stuff so I can come pick it up... it makes for a bad situation for all of us.

She let me know that some of the carriers larger 4WD cars that can hold more stuff will be doing "package runs" today (Thursday 2/13) and they hope to get caught up overall with the better weather coming in over the next few days.

Shareen is a very nice woman and she really does care about fixing these issues. I don't think she can resolve an issue of where a specific missing box is, but she is working hard to hire, train and retain people who have the right kind of vehicles and will commit to delivering our mail more reliably. She asked us to try to hang in there with them as they get through this latest string of issues.

I'm sure these are not the answers you were hoping to receive, but it is the information I received straight from the USPS.

In the meantime... I will be like you - outside clearing my driveway again after yesterday's 3 inches to make sure my missing packages can make it on days 4-7 of being in limbo! :wiggle:

Last edited by ConiferLin on Feb 13, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2020 10:31 am 
Instead of just posting and trashing online, my husband went down and met with the postmaster in private. She came to the counter and he told her that he needed to speak with her privately instead of launching on her in front of everyone.
He did express empathy with her and told her he knew this job was hard, but we needed our mail delivered. Our route was split in two last summer (Green Valley Ranch and Richmond Hill area). Our driver, Tommy, was assigned the other half. Man, do we miss him! Anyway, we have not had a full driver assigned route driver since then, so people trying to deliver stuff never know the route, the driveways, the people, etc. It has been hit and miss on getting deliveries. She told him that they had 4 new hires in driver training and they should be on staff soon.

We did get any backlog delivered on Tuesday after the 2 1/2 feet of snow we got over 4 days. That was a big deal. I tried to call on Monday to tell them to hold all the packages and I would come get them on Tuesday, but the phone rang and rang without answer. Now folks are reporting it is just ringing busy (maybe off the hook?).

I feel for them and the inability to get a process in place to efficiently deal with customers and delivery, BUT, they need to get their act together. Usually there is only one line open and customers (many of them) show up unprepared and don't have a plan in place to mail their package, so the clerk has to review each and every f*%$ ing option while they stand there and think about it.

WE ALL OWN some of this. Please get your act together before showing up. Research on line, hell, print out your mailing label and pay for it online and just drop it off.

I even tried to get Amazon to stop shipping USPS to me. I was on with support 4 times before I was told that USPS would be "de-prioritized" and UPS would doing the bulk. That still has not happened. I think that when FedEx pulled out of Amazon shipping last year, it has broken small post offices - these are the very ones where many folks shop on line because driving to stores is an all morning or afternoon affair.

If they were smart, they would respond with a letter to each household acknowledging the issues and a bullet-ed plan and timeline to address them. Not taking the phone off the hook.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Wiley, your husband's response to the situation is quite admirable. I too have had the same note about "attempted delivery," and, I too find it infuriating as it is a lie. I heartily disagree with your remark that WE ALL OWN some of this. Maybe we would if it was a service that we chose instead of were forced to use because of a government enforced monopoly. Asking users to take on some of the burden (in addition to paying our taxes for this service) is a poor business plan at best. We're really stuck between a rock and a hard place. We can't complain about not getting our mail, because it's not the mail delivery person's fault, and we can't go elsewhere (as you noted even Amazon has contracted with USPS to have packages delivered). I believe the only thing we are able to do, is write letters (ironic) to the Postmaster General and complain (civilized) in-person (civilized) about the problems. I would make sure that there's documentation of your complaints so that you're not just blowing air. The only real solution would be a free-market solution, because, surely in a competitive environment, the USPS would go down quickly.

Oh, and, I kind of thought that Pinecam was a place to blow off steam on occasion. In this case, the OP was blowing off steam, and lucky for them, you came back with a nice solution of speaking privately with the manager to express your displeasure.

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2020 2:25 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Ms G-L-F, you said: "(in addition to paying our taxes for this service)" -- your taxes do not fund the United States Postal Service. And you said: "The only real solution would be a free-market solution, because, surely in a competitive environment, the USPS would go down quickly." Among UPS, FedEx and the United States Postal Service, my packages over the past four months have been more reliably delivered by the Postal Service. Last week I had paid for "overnight" delivery from UPS. Seven days later they delivered to a snow bank at the bottom of my driveway.

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2020 3:09 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
ScottB, Thanks for the correction. But, I think it's even a greater reason for privatization. Sounds like they're robbing Peter to pay Paul, one might call it a Ponzi scheme https://www.cnbc.com/id/45018432https:/ ... d/45018432. I'm actually quite curious as to people's opinions on whether this should be a government function (tho I don't want this kicked to the study :)). I guess that back in the day, it was lumped in with things that support people in being able to compete with other markets, but I wonder if it is still a factor.
And, BTW, I too, occasionally have my UPS packages left at the bottom of the driveway in a snow pile (but put in a baggie). That's a step-up from the USPS that leave my packages under my mailbox (no nice baggie) in the street.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]