It is currently Feb 25, 2020 11:36 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Anyone else having problems with Pine Post Office?
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 2:16 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I'm getting SOME mail and packages but I'm also missing a lot of mail. I don't get to the po during business hours very often so I was surprised to find ALL the staff recently turned over. Don't know what that was about. I'm sure missing a heck of a lot of mail and packages though. And for some odd reason nobody answers the phone anymore, or it's not working or left off the hook or the guys just hang up on you. I get informed delivery and reported all the missing letters but apparently there's no way to report a missing package. I also filed a complaint. Anyone else?

Post subject: Re: Anyone else having problems with Pine Post Office?
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 7:41 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I'd vote to give them a little time. They lost their three top folks within a month or two, and seem to have trouble getting people to fill vacancies. I think they are doing their best (though inviting Jehovah's Witnesses to solicit in the lobby was a hiccup that I hope does not get repeated by the new post master). I do think they are working hard, just understaffed and under experienced. I did see a new counter person in there yesterday, and she was learning quick. Let's all be nice for now.

Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 10:30 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I'm lucky if I get mail 2 or 3 times a week now. This week I've gotten no mail on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday so far and the only reason I got it on Wednesday is because I went over there and complained. It is getting RIDICULOUS and new people or not if they can't do the route every day they should at least do the route one day one way and the next the opposite so at least we get mail every other day. Saying anything at the Post Office is futile as I had to go over there the other day to get a package that Amazon dropped off there for delivery which wasn't delivered 2 days in a row.

Don't know if this will even change with time.

Check out our new web site and store (still have TONS of items to add):

http://knightsunlimitedllc.ecrater.com
http://tradingcardsknightsunlimitedllc.ecrater.com
http://knightsunlimitedllc.comuf.com

Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 2:48 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I can't get mail at my physical address, so I've had a P.O.box up there for many years. I've NEVER had this happen day in day out before and with such a quantity of mail. 2 of my missing pieces were finally in my mailbox today but I've got mail that arrived a number of days ago that STILL hasn't made it to me. From the pics on informed delivery looks like one is a bill.

Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 3:02 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I haven’t had those problems, other than weather related, but did have some late deliveries for awhile. Probably budget cuts, Pine PO seems to get hit hard whenever that happens. Best place to complain is probably not Pine, but a regional PO. Have no idea how to do that.

Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 3:13 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I have informed delivery on my PO Box. Whatever it says is being delivered today usually won't show up until the next day. I asked once if you aren't going to put it in the box, why not wait until you do before saying it was delivered. I was told it is posted as it arrives, but may take up to a week to get in your box. If you don't get it within a week then let us know. I've done that with some medication. Went in and they never gave me a notice, never delivered it and it had been there for a while. I know because the box was marked what date it came in. I do have a mailbox still and was expecting some medical supplies. I figured it would come in a box so they would leave a notice in my box. The mailbox delivery person delivered it to my garage door. He usually does and I'm grateful for that. What really surprised me was I had just ordered the medical supplies the day before so I didn't expect them so soon. It's starting to get better now that Christmas is over. I actually get some of my mail the same day informed delivery says it's in the box. Not all the time but it's getting better.

Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 5:53 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
wfs wrote:
I haven’t had those problems, other than weather related, but did have some late deliveries for awhile. Probably budget cuts, Pine PO seems to get hit hard whenever that happens. Best place to complain is probably not Pine, but a regional PO. Have no idea how to do that.

Did that and found a snitty vm from P.O. when I got home tonight. Informed delivery had links to mark mail that's missing, and also to send comments.
If they put mail in the wrong P.O. boxes it could get "lost" for weeks. People don't pick up their mail every day. Those who pile their mail and go through it a week or so later. Folk who don't notice a misdelivered envelope. Or notice they have someone else's mail but keep forgetting to get it back to the P.O., or won't be back for a week. Etc.

Post Posted: Feb 14, 2020 8:11 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Castalot wrote:
I'd vote to give them a little time. They lost their three top folks within a month or two, and seem to have trouble getting people to fill vacancies. I think they are doing their best (though inviting Jehovah's Witnesses to solicit in the lobby was a hiccup that I hope does not get repeated by the new post master). I do think they are working hard, just understaffed and under experienced. I did see a new counter person in there yesterday, and she was learning quick. Let's all be nice for now.

There were 2 Jehovah’s Witnesses, a man and a woman, in the area where the mailboxes are located today. I find having a religious group “witnessing” in the post office to be completely unnecessary and awkward.

Last edited by ts11 on Feb 15, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Feb 15, 2020 6:22 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Apparently they no longer let you know when the box fee is due. I was told I have to remember the renewal date.

Post Posted: Feb 15, 2020 8:01 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
kritterkrazy wrote:
Apparently they no longer let you know when the box fee is due. I was told I have to remember the renewal date.

WOW. Just WOW.
Not sure if it's Informed Delivery or something different but I get an email in addition to the paper envelope we all used to get in our P.O.boxes. Should be getting one within a few weeks and maybe post how to sign up for those. Because after all, EVERYONE should have email in this century, right (she added sarcastically)? I'll bet they'd like us all to pay online too, because naturally EVERYONE has a credit/debit card.
I'm not a classic conspiracy theorist but I'm starting to wonder if this is a ramp up to shutting down this post office. ????

Post Posted: Feb 15, 2020 9:17 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I’m just gonna convey my experiences at the post office in Pine and you can draw your own conclusions.
I’ve had a PO Box there since June. I live in Bailey and don’t want my mail delivered to the insecure roadside cluster of boxes. Pine is on my way to everything and I typically pick up mail after hours.

I’ve no problems until before the holidays when for numerous reasons several employees left in close proximity to each other, retirement, relocation and health issues.

This left one employee. Edward the postmaster.
One. Through the busiest holiday season and added inundation of packages due to the carriers changing things up. I can not speak to delivery issues on the route but just picking up mail at the box or attempting to send anything that required action at the counter was a slough for Edward and patrons alike.

Most people endured the very long lines with dignity, patience and humor. Edward was polite professional and did an admirable job. I did see him get snippy with a person that was in line for a long time and then when she got up to him started filling out her form. She could have done it at the side table before getting in line but no...

During these high volume times when no one else was there the phone could be heard ringing ringing ringing ...

I was also in line when a person came in off the street opened the door and stood there with a room full us waiting , and proceeded to scream and rant at Edward about where’s his expletive mail it’s been days blah blah blah, just crazy . Most if us were just dumbstruck but a few yelled back at him. I was more then a little concerned about the stability of this guy...

I used to get email notifications of tracking for my packages that would indicate when it arrived and now typically it arrives but doesn’t get scanned as delivered until the next day. And it’s not going into a locker anymore with a key in my box so I can get it after hours. I have to go to the desk. And it’s just a slip of paper with my box number written on it with others crossed off above it. He’s reusing scrap paper. So two day deliver from amazon means it’s there in two days but you might not get it for two more depending on how life treats you.

When my box rent was due I got another hand written note to see the postmaster. I pay every six months so I know my rent is due in June and December.

I have also received others mail in my PO Box and one was a check, I took it to the counter as it had been in my box for days according to the postmark.

I don’t care about the people witnessing in the lobby. I’ve not seen them and if I was approached I’d tell them I’m not interested. Period. According to Edward they are not to approach you but if you approach them it’s their opportunity to engage.

I think Edward is doing as best as he can. I doubt the post office is going to shut down.
The stories out of conifer and evergreen regarding their post office sagas ring similar.

No one wants to work at the post office.
No one wants to drive RTD busses so routes are being slashed.

The economy is booming and there are lots of employment opportunities. Guess who’s fault that is.

Weed is legal and jobs that require drug testing are going unfilled. Guess who’s fault that is.

We can adjust and adapt and be part of the solution or not.

Post Posted: Feb 15, 2020 9:39 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Edward needs to stop inviting and allowing Jehovah Witnesses to post up and solicit in the lobby. It is against PO regs, and he stated that there's nothing he can do to prevent this, which is a lie. I would be offended by not only JWs, but any religious organization, non profit, whatever, including the Church of Cannabis or FLDS or a Buddhist Temple.
WRT the rest of it, I agree that people need to be patient and nicer to everyone at the PO - they are having a tough time hiring and retaining employees (I doubt it has much to do with willing participants smoking too much weed, but whatever). And part of retention has been at the feet of Edward, whom I have not experienced as anything but neutral or unpleasant. As a 25 year Pine PO person, I can attest that since his takeover, the atmosphere and service have deteriorated, and not gradually.

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next