It is currently Jul 6, 2020 5:28 am 




Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

COVID19 Information Webpage | COVID19 Guidance Forum



Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

  Print view

Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Oct 9, 2019 9:26 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
User avatar
Joined: Feb 29, 2004 10:27 am
Posts: 3210
Location: Duck River Tennessee
CooknThyme wrote:
Yes, the mothers who need to cross from that side of 285 to Deer Creek elementary was very moving. It is hard enough to do it now. Without the light it would be much too dangerous.

My flabber is gasted by the idea that the traffic light aids in the progression of traffic from Rosalie directly onto 43A. It plays no part at all in that. To make that kind of direct route, a driver has to enter into the south-bound merging land (left lane) from Rosalie and then immediately merge right at low speed into the high-speed through lane in order to get all the way over to 43A. I defy anybody to rationalize this action as a safe driving action to make.

Now think, how much safer it would be for such drivers to stay in the left-hand south-bound lane through the current intersection and proceed to the 72/43 interchange, making the merge into the right land at higher speed and a much longer distance; at that intersection they can take 43 and get to Deer Creek or whatever in, what, maybe 45 seconds more than they do by trying to take the direct route? And those 45 seconds could probably be shaved a bit if 43 is re-oriented to be the main through route and 43A drivers have to stop and turn onto 43. Is saving 45 seconds (or a minute, or whatever it turns out to be) worth putting your life at risk by making a very unsafe merge on a major US highway?

The lack of perspective on this issue is just mind-boggling to me. You live in the mountains, people, where there generally IS no straight route from A to B. Think safety, instead of time, I beg you.

_________________
“If there were a verb meaning 'to believe falsely', it would not have any significant first person, present indicative.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Oct 9, 2019 10:58 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
User avatar
Joined: Aug 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Posts: 6046
Location: Shaffers Crossing
I'm baffled too keg. I chock it up to fear of change. I think when this is done and the merge lane and through lane are simply re-striped to take up space NOT needed by the left turn at the light...that people will eventually say "Why the heck didn't we do that in the first place? - it is so much better!" This should be a no-brainer with the time better spent on getting Kings Valley and Pine Junction safer.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Jun 20, 2020 4:02 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
User avatar
Joined: Oct 8, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 26704
From CDOT:


You are Invited – Virtual Public Meeting Thursday, July 9, 2020 | 6 – 7 p.m.

Please join us in participating in a citizen-involved process to discuss how the safety issues are being addressed.

Register in advance by emailing your email address to: us285safetyimprovements@gmail.com or call 719-948-2815. Once we receive your email address we will send a link for the required registration.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Jun 20, 2020 5:31 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
User avatar
Joined: Mar 29, 2004 6:35 pm
Posts: 605
Location: Burland Ranches
Back in Oct, Keg posted that it would be much safer for drivers turning left out of Rosalie to go down to 43 to get to the school instead of trying that immediate merge to 43a. It’s my understanding that if the light comes out, both the 43a and Rosalie intersections would have the median blocked allowing right turns only. Unless that frontage road serving the hair salon is extended to CR72, Keg’s option won’t exist. We definitely need a good turnout at this virtual meeting, and maybe a healthy dose of email comments to that address, us285safetyimprovements@gmail.com. I also believe the county commissioners have sent a letter to CDOT as well, as they were left out of this decision making process.

_________________
Great peace have they who love Thy law, and nothing shall offend them... Ps 118:165


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Jun 20, 2020 8:41 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Joined: Feb 17, 2008 5:05 pm
Posts: 1154
Location: Bailey
tmjbp wrote
"Unless that frontage road serving the hair salon is extended to CR72"

That's what needs to happen, Left turns onto and off of 285, need to go away, in that area!
Eliminating the left turn lanes, would also allow for plenty of room to improve the north bound on ramp.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Jun 28, 2020 3:29 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
User avatar
Joined: Oct 8, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 26704
Please remember to register for the virtual meeting:

This meeting requires registration.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Thank you so much for registering for the meeting.

Sincerely,

US 285 Safety Improvement Project Team
Project Hotline: 719-948-2815
Project email: us285safetyimprovements@gmail.com
Project web page: www.codot.gov/projects/us285-improvements


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Jun 28, 2020 8:20 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
User avatar
Joined: Oct 8, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 26704
Sharing with permission from Richie Frangiosa, Candidate for County Commissioner, District 2, from his FB post on the Conifer, Bailey and Pine Colorado Community page:

https://richie4parkco.com/2020/06/28/fi ... 6D-6Trl3VQ


"As most of you know, CDOT has finally decided to move forward with removing the traffic light at the intersection of US285 and CR-43a as soon as August of this year. Leading up to this point we were told that additional community input would be sought before proceeding, but we now know that this is not the case."

"While CDOT is hosting a meeting to go over the plans on July 9th, this is an informational meeting. As in sharing their plans with us. It is not a community input meeting as was promised. They are telling, not asking."


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Jun 29, 2020 9:40 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Joined: Feb 17, 2008 5:05 pm
Posts: 1154
Location: Bailey
JMiller wrote:
Sharing with permission from Richie Frangiosa, Candidate for County Commissioner, District 2, from his FB post on the Conifer, Bailey and Pine Colorado Community page:

https://richie4parkco.com/2020/06/28/fi ... 6D-6Trl3VQ


"As most of you know, CDOT has finally decided to move forward with removing the traffic light at the intersection of US285 and CR-43a as soon as August of this year. Leading up to this point we were told that additional community input would be sought before proceeding, but we now know that this is not the case."

"While CDOT is hosting a meeting to go over the plans on July 9th, this is an informational meeting. As in sharing their plans with us. It is not a community input meeting as was promised. They are telling, not asking."


First question, Who is Richie Frangiosa?
I know, I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, but tomorrow is primary election day and today is the first time I've heard his name!

As to his assertions about the removal of the traffic light, they are very poorly thought out.
He speaks about tanker trucks using old 43, this is just absurd! There is no need for large trucks to use that road. If gas delivery truck is delivering to Loaf and jug, they would turn right off of 285, as they do now. If indeed that is their last stop, they would still turn right onto 285 at the same intersection, proceed to the intersection with the overpass, exit, drive under 285 and re-enter the highway! the time involved wouldn't be any different.
I seriously, would love to hear a valid argument for keeping that traffic light. It's just a convenience for the convenience store!
A road connecting Rosalie Rd. to the over-pass needs to be build! This would also allow for another store to be built on the other side of the road, (maybe by Beth's grandchildren?). I don't think any of us would suffer from a bit of competition!


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Jun 29, 2020 11:59 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
User avatar
Joined: Aug 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Posts: 6046
Location: Shaffers Crossing
Scalawagy wrote:

As to his assertions about the removal of the traffic light, they are very poorly thought out.
He speaks about tanker trucks using old 43, this is just absurd! There is no need for large trucks to use that road. If gas delivery truck is delivering to Loaf and jug, they would turn right off of 285, as they do now. If indeed that is their last stop, they would still turn right onto 285 at the same intersection, proceed to the intersection with the overpass, exit, drive under 285 and re-enter the highway! the time involved wouldn't be any different.
I seriously, would love to hear a valid argument for keeping that traffic light. It's just a convenience for the convenience store!
A road connecting Rosalie Rd. to the over-pass needs to be build! This would also allow for another store to be built on the other side of the road, (maybe by Beth's grandchildren?). I don't think any of us would suffer from a bit of competition!

Exactly. After everything is done and the merge lanes properly done, everyone is going to wonder - what was I so worried about? Everything will be safer without that light and the only one that might lose is the L&J. Their convenience is not worth everyone else's inconvenience.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Jun 30, 2020 12:43 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Joined: Feb 17, 2008 5:05 pm
Posts: 1154
Location: Bailey
Scalawagy wrote:
JMiller wrote:
Sharing with permission from Richie Frangiosa, Candidate for County Commissioner, District 2, from his FB post on the Conifer, Bailey and Pine Colorado Community page:

https://richie4parkco.com/2020/06/28/fi ... 6D-6Trl3VQ


"As most of you know, CDOT has finally decided to move forward with removing the traffic light at the intersection of US285 and CR-43a as soon as August of this year. Leading up to this point we were told that additional community input would be sought before proceeding, but we now know that this is not the case."

"While CDOT is hosting a meeting to go over the plans on July 9th, this is an informational meeting. As in sharing their plans with us. It is not a community input meeting as was promised. They are telling, not asking."


First question, Who is Richie Frangiosa?
I know, I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, but tomorrow is primary election day and today is the first time I've heard his name!
-------------------------------------------------
I'll answer my question for you as best as I can.
from: https://richie4parkco.com/#about
I'm assuming he is running for Commissioner as a member of the Libertarian Party, unopposed, so already eligible to be on the general election ballot.

I will also say, with the exception of his position on the traffic light, which I consider to be neither Libertarian or Conservative, I did like what he has to say about other issues listed on his web site.
I would recommend others at least take a look.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Jun 30, 2020 7:17 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
User avatar
Joined: Oct 8, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 26704
You’re answering your question for me?
I knew who he was and placed it right in my post for all to see.
I’m glad you decided to go back and look and then pursue more information to answer your own question.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: 43A/285 Dying @ the Light
Post Posted: Jun 30, 2020 10:22 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Joined: Feb 17, 2008 5:05 pm
Posts: 1154
Location: Bailey
Actually, my mind was thinking of all, who saw my original question, when I wrote "for you".
after re reading the post this morning, I should have left those two words out.
and thank you JMiller, for posting his link. I'm probably not the only one who didn't know about him or his candidacy.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Who is online

In total there are 34 users online :: 4 registered, 1 hidden and 29 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
Most users ever online was 2823 on Mar 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], PaperAirplane8 and 29 guests





Powered by phpBB © 2000-2012 phpBB Group

This website copyright © 1994-2020 by
Pinecam.com is a member of the Platte Canyon Area Chamber of Commerce