It is currently Dec 15, 2019 10:49 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Park County Noise Ordinance 12-01 Enforcement
Post Posted: Nov 12, 2019 7:20 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
You go KSK.
Couple lousy neighbors can ruin the whole neighborhood.
In Jeffco 4 wheelers are illegal, yet everyone thinks they have the right to close many of the roads to their house, yet race around their neighbors houses like maniacs, yet I'm the bad guy for calling the sheriff and shutting it down.
Stick togehter, call county zoning, tell them you want them to come out and measure the noise and light pollution like they do in Jeffco. Then you have a factual complaint that can be applied to the decibel limit in the noise ordinance. That's the only way you'll get them to do anything from my experience.
If that doesn't work, pick up a web cam that has noise meter on it and set it up just off the property line, turn that in, then they can't say they can't prove they're breaking the law.
The camera advice comes straight from the Jefferson County Sheriff department when I was trying to shut down the bullies racing around our neighborhood on 4 wheelers. Often the sheriff knows the perpetrator is lying, they just can't prove it and it turns into a he said, she said situation. When you record it becomes a fact and they can do something.
In our case, soon as the bullies found out about cameras they stopped racing around the house, but then they turned me in for a zoning violation. Moral of story, bullies are bullies and are not above making up stuff to harass you. Take the harassment in stride and stick to your guns.Band together, obviously you are not alone in this endeavor.
That's okay, I was behind on clearing some of the property from previous owners and the zoning people were real nice. In the long run the bullies did me a favor calling the county, I was overwhelmed with the process and needed a kick in the [butt].
Now that I know how the zoning works, we can use it to promote fire safety in our neighborhood. Not to mention I consider the head of zoning inspectors to be some what of a friend and very approachable, this should go a long way in the future. Your people will probably do the same, just remember the zoning people are not the problem, they are merely enforcing the laws you accepted when you moved here and by practicing your right to vote since then.
Remember to always report any threats made by the bullies to your local law enforcement, you just might save someones life, as the more a bully gets away with the more brazen they become. At the very least you might keep a bully from harassing someone else who hasn't the ability or courage to stand up for themselves, something the world seems to have forgotten.
Not having the courage is probably a bad way to describe when an 80+ year old neighbor doesn't know how to respond to a 6 foot tall 250+ lb bully that yells and scream at them to get their way. Then they ask someone like me to help because I will stand up to the bullies to help others, despite death threats and road closures around my home.
That doesn't work, call Contact7 or Kyle Clark.
Good luck.

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2019 8:54 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
KSK wrote:
Rockyrock wrote:
Try making yourself a better person instead of trying to control everyone else.

What a ridiculous comment.

So many people anymore care only about their "rights". Does a person have a "right" to ride ATVs on their property? Probably. Do they have the "right" to do so to the extent that they take away neighbors' rights to peace and quiet? Of course not.

Any decent, respectful, courteous person would never have to be told or forced to stop causing such a problem for their neighbors because they would care enough about other people to not do that in the first place. Common sense, courtesy, and consideration for others is definitely more uncommon than ever.

It's sad how one bad neighbor can ruin a neighborhood with their selfish, disrespectful attitude and behavior.

I agree! We have been SOOOOO lucky in our 'hood in Green Valley Ranch in Conifer. We have never had a bad encounter with ANY neighbor. Everyone keeps their pets confined and very few barking dogs (other than normal dogs are out and barking happily). Some target practice but all within normal hours. We've been here for 16 years and feel very fortunate.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2019 9:37 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Haha, thanks Al. I wondered how the witch cartoon fit in. It didn't!

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2019 7:30 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Great advice redneck for hire. Can’t fight hard evidence and then, if necessary, publicize it everywhere.

Post Posted: Nov 12, 2019 10:43 pm 
Rockyrock wrote:
I have a few neighbors that get loud, especially during the summer. What they do on there property is there buisness and they have every right to be loud and annoying if they want, as long as it's on there property. I don't own the forest and neither do you.Might I suggest a pair of headphones and stop being so entitled?

So in your mind showing consideration for others is being "entitled", and having a "no one matters but me" attitude is ok? How sad.

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2