Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: new shingles vaccine
Post Posted: May 21, 2019 11:15 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
ridgewalker wrote:
chakraz wrote:
Please check with your doctor and make sure your reaction is normal.
Especially if they are giving you a second vac.
My first pneumonia vac was not too bad but my second one caused my immune system to react badly. 24 hrs later my previously injured knee was swollen twice it's size. For months joint after joint became painful, hair loss, aches etc.
I reported it to the vac. reporting system and found very few people have any reaction. But I was one of the blessed. You are likely just fine to go, but please check with your dr.

I work for an awesome company. They have been providing the vaccine to everyone and their spouse. I don't know where or how they have been getting the vaccine but they have had enough for everyone that wanted it. I get my second dose in a week or two. The lump in the arm and extreme soreness is so common as to be expected. Interestingly, every single man here got flu like symptoms for 48 hours in addition to the sore arm. Most of the women had the sore arm but not one of us had the flu like symptoms. Weird.

Interesting, I had extreme soreness and lump at the shot location for about a week, but never got the flu like symptoms. Pharmacist said that if you didn't have a reaction to the first shot you probably would not have a problem with the second shot except for the soreness.
:)

Post Posted: Aug 2, 2019 9:43 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Has anyone found a location for these, yet?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Be compassionate, understanding and kind. You never know who is
this close to giving up.

Post Posted: Aug 2, 2019 11:25 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Local person wrote:
ridgewalker wrote:
chakraz wrote:
Please check with your doctor and make sure your reaction is normal.
Especially if they are giving you a second vac.
My first pneumonia vac was not too bad but my second one caused my immune system to react badly. 24 hrs later my previously injured knee was swollen twice it's size. For months joint after joint became painful, hair loss, aches etc.
I reported it to the vac. reporting system and found very few people have any reaction. But I was one of the blessed. You are likely just fine to go, but please check with your dr.

I work for an awesome company. They have been providing the vaccine to everyone and their spouse. I don't know where or how they have been getting the vaccine but they have had enough for everyone that wanted it. I get my second dose in a week or two. The lump in the arm and extreme soreness is so common as to be expected. Interestingly, every single man here got flu like symptoms for 48 hours in addition to the sore arm. Most of the women had the sore arm but not one of us had the flu like symptoms. Weird.

Interesting, I had extreme soreness and lump at the shot location for about a week, but never got the flu like symptoms. Pharmacist said that if you didn't have a reaction to the first shot you probably would not have a problem with the second shot except for the soreness.
:)

My second shot was very similar to the first. No flu like symptoms, no lump this time, mildly sore for about 3 days.

Post Posted: Aug 15, 2019 6:57 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Has anybody taking Enbrel for rheumatoid arthritis gotten the Shingrix vaccine?

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4